Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nihonmatsuri festival Salt Lake City

After a morning of babysitting Adam and I went up to Salt Lake City for their Nihonmatsuri festival! A Japanese culture festival. There was lots of food and cosplayers (my favorites were Taft and the friend from Persona 4). We also checked out the new creek city center thing and ate some complicated food at the Tin Angel cafe. 

I've been doing a lot more writing these last two weeks! I wrote a successful article on the video game Journey on Nightmare Mode, a place that publishes some writing I admire. With twitter I feel like I'm seeing more news before it hits the major outlets, which is an accomplishment (figuring out who to follow, etc, although Twitter makes it pretty easy). I've also been tutoring a friend in writing! I've felt pretty busy, which I think is a good thing. Okay, now you can just look at this pictures. 

this nigiri had delicious umeboshi in it, and it smiled at me
there was some awesome flower arranging
cool fountain! I feel like such a suburbs girl being so impressed with urban art
this is just cute

1 comment:

Damaris said...

Congrats on the article!