Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sadness

I am devastated.

My senior year of high school, I took AP Biology. Everyone had a hard time with this concept called the "action potential." I too had difficulty understanding this concept. So, I made a movie using artpad.art.com's beautiful software. I emailed it to my teacher, and he even showed the class, where I was a 5-second celebrity for my skills. He said it was "pretty damn good."

Flash forward. I am now in a neuroscience class where we are learning about action potential. Hoping to benefit from my high school insanity/devotion, I find the link again in my old, old email. I click. I wait. I turn the speed up to "high." Nothing happens. Could they have erased my masterpiece? I turn to the terms of service:
"Art.com reserves the right at any time to change, modify, add to, discontinue or retire any aspect or feature of the Website or ArtPad including but not limited to storage of the Content, email capabilities, access, server capacity or ability to use on any particular device or communications service."
Why? Why should such a great service be rendered educationally useless?

Tell me if you find a sweet action potential movie.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Does your old teacher still have it?

The Chalice of Evil said...

You didn't keep a copy of it?

Rachel Helps said...

yeah, it was stored online, and it wasn't really a downloadable filetype... sad day

Anonymous said...

aww.. I remember that movie. Can you just make another one?