Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Younger Me, That Wasn't Me

I was reading a bit from my old journals. I think I was pretty insightful in high school. Perhaps even more so than I purport to be now. Example, from four years ago: "I shall have to be more efficient and philosophical in my entries. That way the overall reading of my diary will improve. But is it possible to have efficient philosophy? Isn't philosophy, by definition, going around in circles of thought?" You know it, I was smart at one time.
I decided to start reading Ender's Game again, just so I can have something worthwhile to do (you know, take Katya's suggestion and all). It's quite different reading it now. Now I read it and I think "Six years old? You've got to be kidding me. This is kind of sick. But oh, so enthralling." Sometimes I identify with Ender because I think "I'm usually the youngest in my classes." Than I think, "Well, I'm not quite that young." I don't know about you, but when I was six, kids who were more than three years older than me intimidated me quite a bit. Kids my own age intimidated me. Of course, now it's a completely different story. Now I'm quite the punk... always pushing the envelope on the amount of questions I can get in without being too disrespectful. At least, I'm that way sometimes.
I've decided that I have too much stuff. And I probably won't do anything about it.

No comments: