Saturday, July 11, 2009

Video Games!

I can even be snobbish about video games! Last year or so I learned that there are "art" games. They are interesting to play and think about. One of these is La La Land 4. It's surreal and weird, and simply made. But it's like how Kafka would make a game - seriously! Just play it it will take like 10 minutes, and then you will feel surreal and nightmarish. Another less-scary art game is Gravitation. I've only played it twice, but it has some interesting things to say about death and leaving people to go do stuff, and what makes us happy in life. I've played this programmer's other games and they're worth a gander (I just looked at the new Primrose, and it's quite entertaining!). Anyhow, VIDEO GAMES.

2 comments:

TexasRanger said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE video games.

I'm a little stuck on the Kingdom Hearts series though...

Not willing to pay for a new game.

Adam said...

I also liked Gravitation. Yay for randomly finding something I already knew about.

I think of the Iko series as art games, though they are fairly popular too (Iko, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian)