Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Food Experiments: Chili

So, perhaps you recall my experiment with chili last year: I combined it with rice and ate it in a tortilla. This was a good combination as it lengthened out my chili and made it more digestible (a good trait for foods I eat). Tonight I decided to combine chili with spaghetti and tomato sauce (apparently chili spaghetti isn't that weird of a dish).

The spaghetti didn't stick to the chili+sauce as well as it does to the sauce alone, and the chili beans had this habit of falling off my spaghetti-laden fork, so I ended up eating them seperately most of the time (but when I got the right combination it tasted almost identical to the rice and chili). I think rice is a superior partner here, as it combines more evenly.

3 comments:

Andrea Landaker said...

Mmm, you should try lettuce and tomatoes and fritos with chili -- it's like taco salad.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, chili and rice...that's the only way to eat chili (except along with corn bread)

Megan said...

We always called it chili-mac at my house when we had chili on spaghetti noodles (or plain macaroni noodles). Maybe if you try it minus the tomato sauce, you might like it better. I ate that stuff all the time freshman year, till a look at the nutrition facts ruined it for me. It's tasty, though!