Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Food Experiments: Chili

So, perhaps you recall my experiment with chili last year: I combined it with rice and ate it in a tortilla. This was a good combination as it lengthened out my chili and made it more digestible (a good trait for foods I eat). Tonight I decided to combine chili with spaghetti and tomato sauce (apparently chili spaghetti isn't that weird of a dish).

The spaghetti didn't stick to the chili+sauce as well as it does to the sauce alone, and the chili beans had this habit of falling off my spaghetti-laden fork, so I ended up eating them seperately most of the time (but when I got the right combination it tasted almost identical to the rice and chili). I think rice is a superior partner here, as it combines more evenly.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Mmm, you should try lettuce and tomatoes and fritos with chili -- it's like taco salad.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, chili and rice...that's the only way to eat chili (except along with corn bread)

Miss Scarlet in the Conservatory said...

We always called it chili-mac at my house when we had chili on spaghetti noodles (or plain macaroni noodles). Maybe if you try it minus the tomato sauce, you might like it better. I ate that stuff all the time freshman year, till a look at the nutrition facts ruined it for me. It's tasty, though!