Wednesday, March 20, 2013

chronic pain is the worst

I have been sitting around rather uselessly for over a week because of abdominal pain around my gallbladder. I don't have gallstones, and I'm going in for some radioactiving tracing testing tomorrow. I may get to have my gallbladder removed.

I hate feeling like this. I'm constantly looking forward to the time I can take my next pain pill and trying to distract myself from the pain (which honestly isn't too bad when the meds are working). I'm crabby and ill-tempered. I'm missing out on things I was looking forward to. Small chores like unloading the dishwasher or folding a load of laundry are major accomplishments. Is this how old people feel? I hope it doesn't last much longer. Thanks for listening to my whining.

4 comments:

Andrea Landaker said...

Wah, hope you feel better soon. :-(

Does playing video games help distract you? Or do you hurt too much even for that? :-(

Rachel Helps said...

I have been playing lots and lots of videogames. I've been trying to figure out what type of game is best for distracting from pain--maybe I'll post on my game blog about it if I have some good ideas.

Andrea Landaker said...

That is a good idea! Turn your pain into something good! Seems like games that are very intense might be good, as well as light-hearted relaxing games that make you laugh?

Cara said...

(((hugs)))

If you need a hug, I can hobble over with my hunched back and hug your knee.

Joking aside, I'm sorry you're in pain. I agree with everything you wrote--man, I'd like to fold some laundry! :)

Hopefully you get some answers soon.