Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Croissants and bentos

I made croissants for the first time. It involved freezing butter, making dough have lots of layers, and overnight rising. In the first batch, I didn't line up both triangles very well and ended up with crab croissants:

The next batch had triangles that were the wrong shape and ended up looking like shrimp. They tasted good at least!

I made a bento using leftover crepe filling in an omelet.  

Adam made delicious apricot ham
the next day's bento was make-your-own-sandwich (bread not shown)
Today I felt really uninspired for bento-making. We need to go grocery shopping... I made a spinach omelet with some toast and then I had no idea what to do with the extra space, and the cottage cheese wasn't secure and probably got all over everything. Not every bento is beautiful, alas.




2 comments:

Adam said...

Those were some amazing croissants :). I am a fan of ham, too.

Andrea Landaker said...

crab croissants! so cute! All you need is little currants for eyes! :-D