Saturday, February 06, 2010

Road trip insight

I just got back from a road trip to Arizona where I presented a paper. I learned some things about myself:

-I can drive 80+ mph and not freak out. I can drive 4 hours straight, and probably more. I can successfullly navigate freeway junctions. I can be a polite driver and let faster drivers pass me on the left. I don't feel pressured to go faster by fast drivers behind me - if they want to break the law that is their problem, and they can pass me!
-After the guilty pleasure of snack food, I find that it's not as appealing as I thought it would be. The exception to this is any type of cracker and cheese (but it has to be the right combination: Ritz and Cheddar or Gouda and wheat thins. Actually I think any kind of white cheese goes well with wheat thins).
-My education in the American graphic novel is somewhat lacking.
-I don't really see what the big deal about conferences is. Tally another mark on the "don't want to do this the rest of my life" list.
-I still bring up my boyfriend in conversations all the time, apologize for it, and then everyone teases me about it later (when it happens again). At least if they can tease me about it, it's less annoying, right?

3 comments:

Tiff said...

if you went with someone it woulda been a lot more fun. :)

Rachel Helps said...

Well, I did go with two ladies from my cohort, and it was fun to spend time with them. The rest was just kind of "meh."

Andrea Landaker said...

I think you need to talk about your boyfriend more. :-D

I have a problem buying too much snack food. "Oh it's on sale! It's so yummy!". My food storage is full of snack food . . . :-/